- Are you going to make advertising your career? See ‘A life in advertising’ http://www.munnaontherun.com/
2011/08/life-in-advertising_“Must be true!” 05.html
- You can turn any car into a convertible! A social service campaign by Amélie Company. http://osocio.org/message/you_
- “Weird Al” Yankovic says “Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me.” The video is kinetic typography, probably in AfterEffects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Ursus Wehrli finds everyday situations of disorder & organizes them into neat rows based on color, size, shape & type. http://www.fubiz.net/2011/08/
- 14 things that always happen in movies, but never ever in real life. Movies just recycle unrealistic plot devices! http://unrealitymag.com/index.
php/2011/01/26/things-that- always-happen-in-movies-but- never-ever-in-real-life/
- Cartoonist Donald Soffritti imagines the later years of superheroes, enjoying retirement, with some funny outcomes. http://dailyinspiration.nl/
- See the doodles that people drew on windows with dry erase markers so that the images project onto the scenery outside. http://windoodles.tumblr.com/
- Jeff Meakins is a talented designer who does packaging, rebranding, logos, posters… for well-known brands. His works: http://jeffreycmeakins.com/
- Designers, Read “33 Designisms” – modified Holzer’s truisms, questioning what we do, why we do it & how to get it done. http://morladesign.com/MD_
- Beach, Umbrella, Jellyfish, Seahorse and Beer! Read the design story of the logo for BarCamp Goa: First Edition. https://designpuli.com/2011/09/
- These logos make you smile at the brilliance of both the idea & the execution & have several layers of meaning. Great! http://designshack.co.uk/
- It is surprising how logos can influence other logos. Stefan Asafti’s project on interchanging logos of rival brands. http://www.behance.net/
- Redesigning a logo can be just as hard as creating a new one. Here are five ideas to spruce up your logo design. http://www.webdesignerdepot.
- A fauxgo (fake logo) is a symbol created to represent a fictional company or organization that exists only on film. http://fauxgo.com/archive
- Why I never got this idea? Large Objects shot as miniatures using a giant coin and tilt-shift effects. http://www.petapixel.com/2011/
08/18/large-objects-shot-as- miniatures-using-a-giant-coin- and-tilt-shift-effects/
- Gulp: The world’s largest stop-motion animation shot on Nokia N8. The crafting surface was 11,000 square feet of beach. http://www.dudecraft.com/2011/
- ‘Truth and Lies’ humorous poster series: this is what you say, but (this is what you mean) – and we all know it. http://www.behance.net/
- Kerning is fun! All right, unless you’re a serious typography nerd, that’s definitely not going to be a true statement. http://designshack.co.uk/
articles/typography/8-simple- and-useful-tips-for-kerning- type/
- MuteWatch – An interesting product, more interesting packaging design. I love it! http://www.notcot.com/
- Lovely idea! The Karlsson Table Clock Book adapts neatly into your bookshelf disguised as an actual set of books. http://goo.gl/lGtfu
- Printed Circuit Board business card with inbuilt electronic decision maker logic. Press the button to get ‘yes’ or ‘no.’
- A low-cost, ergonomic load carrier for laborers wins Core77 Product Design Competition. Design: Vikram Dinubhai Panchal. http://www.fastcodesign.com/
1664663/core77-taps-7- carryall-as-years-best- product-design
- Even if you’ve never heard of Andreas Shabelnikov, you’ve almost certainly seen his works: movie websites. Interview: http://www.webdesignerdepot.